The Fuze Suite can be deployed as a hosted service (run on our servers) or as licensed software (run on your servers).
As a hosted service, the only requirement is a connection to the Internet and a Web browser. No software is required to run on a client or server within your organization.
- Internet Explorer 11 or higher
- Other W3C compliant browsers should work, but have not gone through testing.
The interface seen by your customers is not dependent upon Java or any plug-in technology, making it usable by almost any browser without the need for disruptive downloads and installs by your customer. Session state is maintained using a combination of cookies in your browser and data from the hosted database.
To deploy the Fuze Suite on your own servers, a basic installation requires:
- Microsoft Windows 2008 R2 Server (or later) with latest service packs and .NET Framework 4.0
- SQL Server 2008 R2 Standard or Enterprise Edition (or later)
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 7.0
The servers can be either physical, or virtual machines (i.e. VMWare or cloud-base Web Services like Amazon's). Access to the servers for setup and maintenance is given only to qualified Fuze engineers, and based on your company's specific connectivity and security requirements.
Hardware requirements vary depending on expected utilization. The exact requirements depend on the number of expected searches, knowledge item views, and incidents created. A typical basic installation uses two servers: one to serve the web application and one to hold the application data. The minimum recommended specifications for the servers are:
- Web Server: 1 2.0 Ghz Processor, 1 GB Memory, 100 MB of available disk space for the application and additional space for file uploads and attachments.
- Database Server: 1 2 Ghz Processor, 2 GB Memory, 4 GB of available disk space
If needed, more advanced configurations can be used, such as using multiple redundant web servers or using multi-processor machines. Fuze will gladly work with you to determine your exact requirements and help configure your infrastructure as needed. Please contact us for more information.
FYI: The middle tier and all Web services for the Fuze Suite are done in C# and the rest of the application is done using both classic and .NET tools. Jquery is also used extensively.